Are you searching for the best antivirus for your Mac? You have come to the right place. In this article, we will show you Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac that will help you find the best antivirus software.
There no denying that Mac are less prone to malware threats, thanks to Apple’s focus on security-conscious design. But it doesn’t mean that viruses and malware cannot make their way into Macs. Besides, we cannot discount the possibility of a human error; our carelessness can get our computer infected. Over the past few years, a significant rise has been witnessed in malware attacks and other malicious activities targeting Macs.
According to Malwarebytes recent State of Malware Report, the number of threats targeting Mac devices jumped by over 400 percent year-over-year. The report further states that Γ the first time ever, Macs outpaced Windows PCs in number of threats detected per endpoint.
So if you are a Mac user, you need to be serious about protecting data, privacy, and identity of yourself and those you love. It’s a good idea to invest in a reliable antivirus suite for complete anti-malware protection and peace of mind.
You are find several antivirus products for free these days. But these freeware only provide a bare minimum level of protection. Some antivirus brands don’t even include real-time antivirus protection with their free products. So for complete anti-malware security, you should get a premium antivirus product, which comes with several advanced tools and utilities that make it worthwhile. These included multi-layered ransomware protection, identity theft protection, a full-blown password manager, a useful file, encryption tool, a VPN utility, parental controls, system optimization tools, and more.
Now the question that comes to mind is, how to find the best antivirus product for Mac? We recommend you should follow on five different criteria.
- Features: Feature-set to see what tools and utilities are included in the product.
- Malware Protection: How well a security product protects you against different kinds of malware threats, especially against zero-day malware.
- System Performance: How much impact a product puts on system speed, which is a very important consideration.
- Pricing: How many devices are covered under each pricing tier.
- User Interface: You should see the interface of a security product and determine whether it is user-friendly or not.
Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac 2020 list:
According this five criteria, we are giving you Best 5 antivirus software for mac operating system that actually great 2020.
Bitdefender is a global cybersecurity leader protecting over 500 million users in over 150 countries around the world. The company has consistently delivered award-winning security solutions and threat intelligence to consumers, businesses, and government organizations.
Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac is the company’s Mac-specific antivirus suite. The reason why we put this product number one Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac on our list is that it offers an exceptional feature-set that goes beyond most of its Mac competitors.
With its handy Autopilot feature, you can set it and forget it, and have full confidence that your Mac is secure against all sorts of dangerous malware threats. This is the best antivirus of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
Bitdefender Antivirus features:
- # Advanced ransomware and anti-phishing protection
- # Anti-tracking protection to stop websites from following you around the web
- # The Traffic Light browser add-on that tells you about dangerous websites
- # And a limited VPN tool
The software passively scans your system, and you won’t notice any system slowdowns with the number one of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
Bitdefender Antivirus Price
Visit Here for price and discount the number one of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
Bitdefender Antivirus User Interface:
The product’s interface is clean and easy-to-use.
- # All Bitdefender’s products offer one of the most customizable user interfaces
- # It not only looks great, but it is also incredibly straightforward and streamlined.
- # Major options like Quick Scan and Full System Scan are given right on the main
- # The rail on the left has Dashboard, Protection, Privacy, and Notifications tabs, as well as links to access Preferences, Help, Account pages, are also there
- # Overall, the interface is equally good for both beginners and tech-savvy users.
Overall, if you are just looking for a Mac-specific antivirus package, Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac is a great option.
However, if you have many devices in your household running on different platforms, we recommend Bitdefender Total Security for comprehensive protection and complete peace of mind. This suite boasts an even more advanced feature-set and offers unbeatable anti-malware protection without putting a burden on system performance.
McAfee is one of the biggest and most trusted names when it comes to cybersecurity, protecting over 500 million customers around the globe. McAfee Total Protection is the company’s flagship and most popular offering. It supports all major operating systems like Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. This product is equally good for both Macs and PCs. We Placed this anti-virus the number two of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
McAfee Antivirus features:
It offers all the advanced features and utilities you will find in any high-end offering, such as:
- # Comprehensive anti-malware protection & identity theft protection
- # Home network security
- # The Secure VPN tool
- # A password manager
- # The vulnerability scanner
- # A file shredder
- # Encrypted storage as well as a full suite of performance optimization tools
- # The Anti-spam tool to filter out junk emails and the Safe Family parental control module are also part of the suite.
McAfee Antivirus Price
Visit Here for price and discount the number two of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
McAfee Antivirus User Interface:
McAfee user interface is reasonably good. Some features are duplicated on multiple pages, which may be confusing for some people, but overall, it is straightforward, intuitive and easy to navigate.
- # The UI is divided into two sections. There is a dark grey panel on the left-hand side displaying the protection status of your computer. If everything is alright, you will see Secure written just below the green checkmark.
- # At the top, you’ll find Home, PC Security, Identity, Privacy and Account options.
- # On the home page, you will also see links to set up different tools and utilities such as parental controls and VPN, which are actually separate apps.
- # If you want to dig deeper, you can click the Settings icon, which is on the top right side of the interface.
Norton Lifelock is a leading cybersecurity company that has been at the forefront of the fight against cybercriminals for nearly 30 years. It offers a full suite of products for both individuals and businesses of all sizes.
One of those products is Norton 360 Deluxe. It is not a Mac-specific product; it works on all platforms, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, which means you can protect all devices in your household with a single license of this suite of the number three of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac. This is the number three of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
Norton 360 Deluxe Antivirus features:
The 360 Deluxe suite offers a long list of features, including:
- # Complete protection against all kinds of viruses, malware, ransomware and spyware
- # Real-time threat protection
- # 50 GB of cloud storage
- # A smart firewall
- # A full-fledged password manager
- # Parental controls
- # The secure VPN utility
- # Webcam protection features
- # And a full suite of dark-web monitoring tools
In terms of anti-malware protection and the impact on system performance, Norton is as good as other antivirus software on this list. It consistently gets perfect or near-perfect scores from independent testing agencies of the Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
Norton 360 Deluxe Antivirus Price
Visit Here for price and discount the number three of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
Norton 360 Deluxe Antivirus User Interface:
Norton also has a streamlined and straightforward user interface.
- # Overall, the UI is quite intuitive and looks modern.
- # Norton’s use of a light theme and sleek icons makes the interface aesthetically pleasing.
- # All primary functions can be accessed through prominent blocks on the main dashboard.
- # These major functions include Security, Internet Security, Backup, Performance, etc.
- # The dashboard also displays other important information such as the protection status of your computer, the status of the software, and the time since the last scan was run.
You can also launch a quick scan right from the main window. Overall, the UI is good, and everything is well-organized.
Kaspersky is a Mac-specific suite offered by Kaspersky, which is a global cybersecurity company currently protecting millions of users as well as businesses and governments around the world. This is the number four of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
Kaspersky Antivirus features:
Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac offers:
- # Full-blown protection against viruses, ransomware, and other malware threats
- # Anti-phishing protection
- # A privacy protection tool that prevents webcam hacking and spying and also protects your browser activity
- # Encrypted browser that protects your online transactions
- # And a full suite of tools to optimize your system performance
Kaspersky Antivirus Price
Visit Here for price and discount the number four of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
Kaspersky Antivirus User Interface:
- # Kaspersky has a minimalistic design with a light-colored theme.
- # The UI offers neatly placed icons against a grey background.
- # The dashboard displays your Mac’s protection status. You may come across a message like Your Mac is protected or Your Wi-Fi connection is unsecured or some other message.
- # The home page also displays key functions like scanner, update utility, and privacy tools.
- # You can access more options by digging deeper. For example, clicking the Privacy tab will display different tools, including, Block webcam and Block website tracking features.
- # When you are on the main dashboard, you will find your subscription status at the bottom of the screen.
- # Overall, you will find Kaspersky’s interface both intuitive and user-friendly.
So if you are looking for a product that delivers all-round protection to all your devices, including PCs, Macs, Android and iOS, we recommend Kaspersky Security Cloud.
This product boasts all sorts of advanced features and utilities like file shredder, password manager, VPN, parental controls, file encryption tool, system optimizer, and more.
BullGuard is an award-winning cybersecurity company that provides excellent antivirus products for both consumers and small businesses. Its Internet Security suite is a good option for both Macs and PCs. This is the number five of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
BullGuard Antivirus features:
It comes with several advanced features such as:
- # Multi-layered ransomware protection
- # Complete web protection
- # The safe browser for secure banking and shopping activities
- # The vulnerability scanner for finding security-related issues
- # A two-way firewall for network protection
- # A useful parental control module
- # And cloud backups
You also get automatic software updates and 24/7 live chat support, which is always good to have.
BullGuard Antivirus Price
Visit Here for price and discount the number five of Best 5 AntiVirus Software for Mac.
BullGuard Antivirus User Interface:
- # BullGuard has a clean interface, which is both simple and intuitive.
- # Light grey and white colors make a great combination.
- # Most primary functions like Antivirus scanner, Firewall, Backup, and Parental Control can be accessed right from the dashboard.
- # Options are given in big blocks, so they are easy to find and click.
- # Settings for functions can be accessed by clicking the tab given inside each block.
- # Updates and Settings are displayed at the top bar, whereas Support is accessible through a button given at the bottom.
Read More article